You are using an unsupported browser. Please upgrade your browser to a newer version to get the best experience on Small Molecule Pathway Database.
Release 1.0 - January 1, 2009
- Initial SMPDB release.
Release 2.0 - September 15, 2013
- Total number of pathways increased to more than 600.
- All 1.0 pathways are redrawn. Corrections have been made to dozens of them and many missing transporters have been added.
- All pathways now have a standarded appearance.
- Additional molecular and cellular information has been added to the pathways.
- Significant improvements have been made to SMPDB’s visualization interface. Browsing, selection, re-coloring and zooming of pathways are now far easier and intuitive.
- A new pathway drawing tool called PathWhiz is integrated to the UI. SMPDB pathways can now be much more easily drawn and far more rapidly updated.
- Pathways made using PathWhiz can now be saved in BioPAX format.
February 19, 2015
- Total number of pathways increased to more than 700.
- Pathways can now be downloaded in SBML and SBGN format.
- PathWhiz is now available for public use.